Christmas Unites Us All (2022-2023)
The Well in the Desert will once again celebrate Christmas at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Christmas Day from noon until three. There will be Mariachi, the Christmas Wizard and other activities for the children. A traditional Christmas meal will be served and Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there with presents. All are welcome to this free event.
Thanks to the Anderson Children’s Foundation this Christmas will be a happy one for all.
Feeding Our Children (2018-2019, 2016-2017, 2015-2016, 2014-2015)
Well in the Desert is a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides daily nutritious hot meals, emergency food assistance, weekly supplemental food distribution and a wide array of social services through case management and advocacy to those affected by poverty, including the working poor, the homeless, seniors, the handicapped and others in need throughout the western end of the Coachella Valley. This mission fuels programs for poverty prevention, direct services for poverty intervention and an organized effort to advocate for the poor. Well in the Desert was officially established as a nonprofit organization in 1996 and has been serving clients regularly since then, offering services such as:
- Daily hot nutritious meal to over 135 people a day, 6 days a week. Sack lunches for evenings and on Saturdays.
- Food distribution Saturday 6:00-9:00 AM. ID for everyone needing food and proof of residence are required to receive assistance.
- Saturday food distribution of healthy foods to working families, seniors, veterans, the disabled, families with children.
- Home deliveries to seniors who are homebound or frail.
- Shuttle transportation to hot lunch sites.
- Emergency food boxes.
- Phone and mail service.
- Morning coffee, rolls and fruit.
- Furniture for people in need.
- Clothing for job interviews and those in need.
- Assistance with food stamps, MISP, ID’s and more.
- Utility assistance
- Free notary service.
- Resume writing assistance.
- One way tickets home.
- Transportation to medical and social service appointments.
- “Well Assist” program to downtown merchants and other business owners.
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter celebrations for all those in need and Christmas presents for all the children.
- A family-friendly environment where all can feel welcome, cared about, and respected.