Music and Performing Arts Education (2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017)
Officially what we do at Marquee Academy of Performing Arts is teach music, singing, dance and acting... What we really do is magic! When children walk through the door at Marquee, they transform. Frowns turn to smiles. Insecurities are replaced with self-confidence. Shyness and worries disappear as they join their musical friends and inspiring teachers. Students cheer each other on as they discover their "voices" and have fun making music together.
Marquee Academy of Performing Arts provides music education, a performance venue, and an encouraging environment where children of all ages can explore and develop their talents. Most Marquee Academy students participate in two or three different classes per week, year-round, after-school and on week-ends - and during special Summer Camps:
- Instrument Lessons - Piano, Violin, Guitar, Ukulele & Drums. (Small group classes develop skills in music notation, ensemble, reading music, theory & rhythm.)
- Dance - Exploration and movement/motion expression through Hip-Hop, Ballet, Tap & Lyrical
- Singing - Chorus and individual Vocal Development (with and without electronics & mics)
- Theater Arts - Classes in acting & auditioning plus participation in Productions as performers and crew, back-stage and front-of-house.
- Kindermusik® - Early childhood development music classes, ages 1 month to six years
- Mentoring & Workshops - Presented by Industry Professionals; for students and families
Marquee Academy has moved to a new venue in collaboration with the Palm Springs Cultural Center. Marquee's new classrooms are at 2100 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way; performances and community activities will be at the Palm Springs Cultural Center complex (formerly Camelot Theatres) at 2300 E. Baristo. This exciting and synergistic partnership positions Marquee Academy to provide even more music and performing arts educational and performance opportunities for children, their families and our community.